=== YALE'S TIPS
** add extra butter on top
** crush the corn flakes in a sealed plastic bag with a rolling pin
** DO NOT crush them into a powder
3 cups chestnuts
1 1/2 cups butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
15-18 oz crushed corn flakes
3/4 cup milk
1. With a sharp knife, cut chestnuts in half. Place chestnuts in boiling water for one minute. Squeeze out the nut using pliers. To soften nut futher, return shelled nut to boiling water. Drain, peel, and chop (do not mince).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Melt butter in microwave. Stir in chestnuts, onion, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, and cook until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium baking dish, and mix with the crushed corn flakes.
4. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk, and drizzle over the crushed corn flakes mixture.
5. Bake 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until surface is crisp and lightly browned.