=== YALE'S TIPS
Crush corn flakes in a sealed plastic bag with a rolling pin
DO NOT crush them into a powder
1 1/2 cups chestnuts
3/4 cups butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoons poultry seasoning
8 oz (weight) crushed Corn Flakes
8 oz (weight) Fruity PEBBLES™ & 1/2 cup Cinnamon Crunch
=== more INGREDIENTS
2 ribs celery
1 apple (sliced thin)
1/2 lb sausage browned, cooked, broken into small pieces
3 oz milk
8 oz chicken broth
1. With a sharp knife, cut chestnuts in half. Place chestnuts in boiling water for two minutes. Squeeze out the nut using pliers. To soften nut futher, return shelled nut to boiling water. Drain, peel, and chop (do not mince).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Melt butter in microwave. Stir in chestnuts, onion, celery, sausage, apple, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, and cook until onions are tender, about 2 minutes in microwave. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and mix with the CEREAL.
3.1 Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk, and drizzle over the crushed CEREAL mixture.
5. Bake 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until surface is crisp and lightly browned.
6. Add chicken broth and bake 5 more minutes.
Copyright © Yale Schwartz, 2017