Chicken Teriyaki Grilled
3 chicken breasts (optionally pounded thin)
… if you’re using as a salad topping, cut breasts into 2 inch strips
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey (optional, but recommended)
sesame seeds (optional, but recommended)
sesame seed oil (optional substitute for seeds)
In a medium bowl, mix
together the soy sauce and mayonnaise
… and honey and sesame seed oil.
Add the chicken and turn to coat.
Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes, (marinate step may be shortened or omitted)
Place the chicken onto the
grill with a thick coating of the
marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
Sprinkle top with sesame seeds
=== How to Grill in the Oven
Here’s the general method for grilling in your oven with very little clean-up.
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set an oven-safe rack on the foil.
You should have at least 1/2 inch of space between rack and pan.
2. Set the oven shelf to the upper third of the oven.
3. Preheat the oven to 500F.
4. Set the meat on the rack and place the pan with rack in the oven.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes on the first side, look for dark browning.
Turn chicken over and coat
with remaining marinade.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds
Bake for 5-7 minutes on the second side, look for dark browning.